FBGrab is a framebuffer screenshot program, capturing the linux
frambuffer and converting it to a png-picture. FBGrab is
delivered as is without any warranty and license is GPL version 2,
see tar-ball for details.
New September 30, 2013: Version 1.2 released!
Thanks to Peter Meerwald and Bartlomiej Palmowski who provided good patches!
- Write png file directly to stdout
- Set png compression level with -z
- Several improvements of Makefile for package maintainers and cross compiliation.
The latest version is 1.2, download here:
New May 2013: Version 1.1 released!
Download version 1.1 here:
- Better handling of framebuffers with non-standard ordering of the colors.
- Now handles framebuffer with larger line length than actually used.
- Now handles supports screenshots where picture is not at the top of the framebuffer, i.e. applications using hardware flips.
- Added -v to provide some verbosity on what fbgrab is doing.
- Now #includes zlib.h to adjust to changes in libpng.
To build you need:
To run you have to enable the framebuffer in the linux kernel
(if not already enabled). If you don't know how to do it, read the
Screenshots taken by fbgrab (click on image fo fullsize):